Thursday, April 22, 2010

Little Moments


{picking your nose... one of your finer traits.}


Being a mother has been the most rewarding and the hardest experience I have gone through and am currently going through. Whitney you are a very active toddler and sometimes goes ALL day long without stopping. You are just like your dad.. always going, always something to do, never stopping. I can’t keep up with either of you!!

You are so silly and say some of the funniest things and anytime I leave you-- I miss you like crazy!! You are stubborn, messy, and bossy. (All traits that make you the cute girl that I love) but sometimes you run me ragged. I wouldn’t trade you for the world and I know that Heavenly Father gave me you to teach and love. I am amazed at how fast you learn and understand things. You soak up anything and everything that I teach you. (You have mastered your ABC’s, can count to 20, can count to 10 in Spanish, know your colors and shapes, and talk in full sentences all of the time.) One of the things that I haven’t been as diligent about doing is teaching you about the gospel, which is the most important and central part of mine and Danny’s life. The last couple of months we’ve started praying with you every night before bed. If we forget, you will remind us! But you have started saying your own prayers or will copy what we say. It’s so cute! The other night I started the prayer by saying “We thank you for Jesus. We thank you for momma. We thank you for dada.” And you stopped me and said, “no thank you for dada, thank you for baba.” And then you continued to say your own prayer (you didn’t want our help) by thanking Heavenly Father and Jesus for your dogs, turtles, your friend Camden, blankies and then ended the prayer with a very loud AMEN! We couldn’t help but just laugh at how silly you are, but sometimes I forget how precious and innocent children really are. You are so pure and forgiving.. I have so much to learn from you.

Another moment that struck me by your innocent excitement was just the other night. We were driving up by the Draper temple and when the temple came into view you screamed (literally) “WOW, mama look at that big house!” (pointing at the temple). I had to explain what the temple was and that it was Jesus and Heavenly Father’s house. You said “Ya, Jesus house, I want to go in it.” I said that you couldn’t go in it yet but that we could walk around Jesus’s house and you were happy with that.

I love these sweet moments that I get with you when I can FEEL our families spirits connect. Often times I take the little things in life for granted, but you never do. You teach me and Danny forgiveness, beauty, love, and patience every day. You help me be a better me by loving me unconditionally. I love you to the moon and the stars and I am GRATEFUL for the little moments that I get with you every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment